For more information please contact:
Mrs Fern de Beer – Head of Teaching & Learning
Alice Giles – School Administrator
We are a small, friendly ‘village school’ in the heart of our local community. Our original school building opened in 1867, to provide education for the village and parish of Aveton Gifford. We continue to provide an education of the highest quality for all of our pupils, within the context of Christian belief and practice.
Our talented staff ensure that learning is exciting, imaginative, enjoyable and accessible for all. We provide a broad and balanced curriculum both in school hours and through our wide range of extra-curricular activities.We are committed to helping pupils reach their full potential, so they are well prepared for the next stages of their educational development.
Our children enjoy learning in a safe, happy and supportive environment, where parental involvement is actively encouraged.
This is a Church of England School in the Diocese of Exeter.
Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles and practice of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church and the Parish and the Diocese.
As a school we place a strong emphasis on the importance of environmental and outdoor education. To develop this area further, we have become a ‘Forest School’ – this offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees.
For more information please see the Primary School’s website.